[Gpg4win-users-en] verify

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Nov 28 17:44:58 CET 2023

Hi Frank,

Am Dienstag 28 November 2023 17:20:20 schrieb Frank Esposito:
> Hello  --- I am new to gpg  ----

welcome to our community! :)

> I recently download software and it also
> had a   signature file ----
>
> I found  that I can verify  download   with
>
> pgp  --verify  file.sig  file
>
> I got the  message(s)
>
> gpg: Signature made 11/30/2022 12:53:56 PM Eastern Standard Time
> gpg:                using RSA key 3690C240CE51B4670D30AD1C38EE757D69184620
> gpg: Can't check signature: No public key
>
> what am I missing here?

..the public key to verify the signature with.

Note that it is purely optional to verify the GnuPG signature.
The recommended way is to check the code signature with Windows.
https://wiki.gnupg.org/Gpg4win/CheckIntegrity
has the details.
(One place to get the public key is
https://gnupg.org/signature_key.html)

Best Regards,

https://intevation.de/~bernhard   +49 541 33 508 3-3
Geschäftsführer: Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter