[Gpg4win-users-en] Okular - GnuPG edition

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Jan 18 10:07:16 CET 2024

Hi Andrei,

Am Mittwoch 17 Januar 2024 18:26:44 schrieb Andrei Boros:
> How do I configure Okular - GnuPG edition from Gpg4Win v4.2 to recognize
> GPG key imported into Kleopatra?

as Kleopatra is a frontend to the crypto engine (GnuPG),
any key that you import is also available to GnuPG.

But note that common signatures on PDF files are based on CMS (which is also
used for S/MIME), and the command line tool from GnuPG for these keys is
gpgsm.

gpg -k shows you all pubkeys for OpenPGP.
And gpgsm -k shows you all pubkeys for CMS. (Pubkeys are called "certificates"
in the CMS world.).

So if gpgsm -k is empty then you won't see much in the okular based signature
generation (I guess as it wants to do a CMS signature).

Best Regards,

https://intevation.de/~bernhard   +49 541 33 508 3-3
Geschäftsführer: Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter