[Skencil-devel] Things to fix for Skencil 1.0

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Dec 6 10:05:07 CET 2010

Igor,

thanks for the response and all the fixes. It is good to see Bernhard
still doing some checking and poking on Skencil, it gives me a much better
feeling on the reorganisation and your good work!

Am Freitag, 26. November 2010 15:39:51 schrieb Igor Novikov:
>  The lines are not wrapped because in such form the code is just easy for
> reviewing.
> Wrapping was important 5-10 years ago when 15-17" monitors were
> conventional. But
> now 22-24" displays are widely used as developer's and user's hardware:

It is a minor point, but just in general:
I agree that there are larger monitors now, but there are two other effects:
Some people have smaller machines now, like netbooks and still do development
on them, because they are so powerful. Also it is nice to have two text
editors side by side to do comparisions. After all it all comes down if
Skencil has adopted a coding style or not, but of course a coding style is
open for discussion. And again, this is just a small point so close to
bikeshedding. ;)

Thanks again,

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.