[Skencil-users] noob question: process for scanning line to usable vector

michael macdonald lovingfamily511 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 13 21:50:19 CEST 2007

	Hi.  I'm very new to graphics etc. but pretty experienced computer-wise
and have been hacking at this for a while.  Hope someone can tell me if
I'm barking up the wrong format-tree.
I'd like to be able to scan a tracing of my kids' drawings or whatever
into the computer, and do edits/fills etc., as vector images.  I've
found lots of conversion software that will take the scanned image from
a bit format to a vector format, but what I wind up with in svg or sk
format is a single object that cannot be edited except as a single unit.
???
Thanks!