[Winpt-users] Unable to Verify detached signatures with 0.11.3

Roibeard Heantune heantune at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 13:24:32 CET 2005

[* See comments *]

On 12/20/05, djek <djek at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 08:29:53AM +0100, Timo Schulz wrote:
> > On Mon Dec 19 2005; 18:03, Roibeard Heantune wrote:
> >
> > > What happens is:
> > > 1. Open File Manager window.
> > > 2. Drag and drop the detached sig file into the window.
> > > 3. Verify
> > > 4. Result is blank.
> >
> > What does "blank" in this case mans?
>
> Tried it, nothing happens when I follow this procedure.
> No signature, no crash, no nothing

[* When it works for me (with 0.10.1) a File Verify window is displayed
which lists the file name, signature info and if the sig is ok or not.

 With 0.11.3 the File Verify window is displayed but there is nothing listed
below the column headings.  I can click OK to close the window, but now the
File Manager is not responding and Dr Watsons soon after
*]

> > > 5. File Manager is now dead and crashes out WinPT with Dr. Watson soon
> I don't crash.
>
> I DO crash when I try to sign a file.
> After typing my very secret password, winpt crashes, no Dr.Watson, but I
> have to kill it in the taskmanager.
> >
> > > Environment is Windows XP Home Media Edition
>
> Mine is W2K nl
>

> > Can anybody confirm the problem?
>
> yes
>

> > Any chance to send the backtrace of Dr. Watson via email to me?
> > (And please compress the result)

[* I will try and send one over later today or tomorrow *]

no