[Winpt-users] Long passphrase pb with WinPT 1.0.0 and solution

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Fri Aug 11 09:11:03 CEST 2006

Raphael PRECIGOUT wrote:

> Yes, repeated the passphrase again. Passphrase changed successfully.
> From now on the long passphrase is working fine with WinPT 1.0.0 (final)
> GPG 1.4.5

I assumed it would be an utf8 issue.

> The only problem is that my long passphrase set with winpt 1.0.0 doesn't
> work anymore with winpt 1.0.0pre0. Well I will have to update my
> binaries on other computers to the last release of winpt (1.0.0 for all)

In general it's a good idea always to use the latest release of WinPT.
So the problem is solved now, right?

As the warning points out, 8-bit chars in the passphrase can be
a problem. In general I would suggest to avoid them and to use
a longer passphrase instead.

	Timo