[Winpt-users] What is the format of the passphrase stored.

Vineet Madan vineet1408 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 10:16:26 CET 2006

Dear timo thanks for just replying with the bulls eye answer regarding
calculation of hash .. thx once again to all who replied.

If i know correctly as discussed on the mail lisr some time back the
passphrase becomes part of the private key
Can u pl tell that in what format is the passphrase stored in the keyring

2. what is the format of passphrase while it is stored on the keyserver (iam
using pks0.9.6 ... will it be different for different server).

3. if passphrase ( bits making the passphrase ) is not part of the private
key where is it stored and in what format.?

regards and thx a lot
vineet madan

On 11/30/06, Timo Schulz <twoaday at gmx.net> wrote:

> Vineet Madan wrote:
>
> > how do we calculate and thus see the hash of any file in GPG. is there a
> > provision of doing it through winpt or there is some command in GPG. or
> > do that i need to install a md5 or sha1sum.exe and then run the command
> > from command prompt to get the values..
>
> Just for completeness:
>
> gpg --print-md {sha1, md5, ripemd160} file1.txt file2.pdf
>

>        Timo

God is Great
VINEET MADAN
emailid: vineet1408 at gmail.com