[Winpt-users] Cant Sign/Encrypt Notepad file

Oliver Arp winpt at oliver-arp.de
Sat Nov 3 16:14:02 CET 2007

Hi List,

Im trying to sign and encrypt some plain text files.

Windows XP SP2
WinPT 1.2
GnuPG 1.4.6

Im using the hotkeys, Alt+Shift+I for sign and encrypt.
I open the txt file, press Alt+Shift+I and WinPT pops up,
I check the account I have created only for crypting files (4096 bit),
WinPT asks for my password an a few second later it tells me its ready.

BUT is ist NOT, the text is still there.

I have already signed and encrypted some txt files this way.

Why is it not working anymore?

Please help.

Olli