[Gpg4win-devel] Results of testing gpg4win 0.3.0
jan at intevation.de
Tue Dec 6 16:49:52 CET 2005
here are the results of testing gpg4win 0.3.0.
In short: I was still not able to send any
email with GPGol :-(
Nor was I able to verify a signed email :-(
My test Environment is:
Windows XPSP2 with OLsp1 deutsch
A standard gmx.de account via pop and smtp.
Installed gpg4win as a pure admin, did no
Worked and tested as a normal user without admin
- WinPT: there are still english terms when starting
first time: Its about registering some file extensions.
- WinPT: The automatic key cache updates after import from
a keyserver does not work. I thought it has been fixed
- GPGol: Calling the key manager simply does not work,
I get an error dialog!
- GPGol: The button for calling key manager only
appears in the toolbar when the keyring is
not empty. (The menu item for this action is
IMHO, the button should be there, too.
- GPGol: If I want to change e.g. the passphrase
storage time in Oulook->Extras->Options->GnuPG,
then I can't apply the changes because there is
always an error message "The default key may not contain any
- GPGol: In fact, I can't send any emails anymore once
GPGol ist installed. GPGol seems to block this.
- GPGol: Receiving a OpenPGP signed E-Mail I have
no idea how GPGol should verify the signature.
I expect this to work automatically, but I even
did not find any menu or alike to verify.
Jan-Oliver Wagner: www.intevation.de/~jan | GISpatcher: www.gispatcher.de
Kolab Konsortium : www.kolab-konsortium.de | Thuban : thuban.intevation.org
Intevation GmbH : www.intevation.de | Kolab : www.kolab.org
FreeGIS : www.freegis.org | GAV : www.grass-verein.de
More information about the Gpg4win-devel