[Gpg4win-devel] Results of testing gpg4win 0.3.0

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan at intevation.de
Tue Dec 6 16:49:52 CET 2005

Hello,

here are the results of testing gpg4win 0.3.0.

In short: I was still not able to send any
email with GPGol :-(
Nor was I able to verify a signed email :-(

My test Environment is:
Windows XPSP2 with OLsp1 deutsch
A standard gmx.de account via pop and smtp.
Installed gpg4win as a pure admin, did no
key creation.
Worked and tested as a normal user without admin
rights.

- WinPT: there are still english terms when starting
  first time: Its about registering some file extensions.

- WinPT: The automatic key cache updates after import from
  a keyserver does not work. I thought it has been fixed
  meanwhile.

- GPGol: Calling the key manager simply does not work,
  I get an error dialog!

- GPGol: The button for calling key manager only
  appears in the toolbar when the keyring is
  not empty. (The menu item for this action is
  always there.)
  IMHO, the button should be there, too.

- GPGol: If I want to change e.g. the passphrase
  storage time in Oulook->Extras->Options->GnuPG,
  then I can't apply the changes because there is
  always an error message "The default key may not contain any
  spaces". :-(

- GPGol: In fact, I can't send any emails anymore once
  GPGol ist installed. GPGol seems to block this.

- GPGol: Receiving a OpenPGP signed E-Mail I have
  no idea how GPGol should verify the signature.
  I expect this to work automatically, but I even
  did not find any menu or alike to verify.

Best

	Jan

--
Jan-Oliver Wagner: www.intevation.de/~jan  | GISpatcher: www.gispatcher.de