[Gpg4win-devel] PASS PHRASE Handling in frontend

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Oct 2 18:08:25 CEST 2006

Dear Vineet,

On Monday 02 October 2006 08:46, Vineet Madan wrote:
> i am building a frontend for gpg and want to know as to how is pass phrase
> handled . Frontend would imply running key generation in automated
> enviroment.
> so where is passphrase stored . how and where is it fed while decryption. i
> want to know the flow path of pass phrase while dealing with key gen and
> encryption/ decryption process.

there is a library API which you can use to implement frontends to GnuPG

GPA which comes with Gpg4win also uses gpgme, so you can look into the source
code how it is done.

If you have more details questions I suggest to ask on the gnupg-devel
or gpa-dev mailinglists as they are more appropriate for GnuPG questions.

This list mainly is about the development of the installer Gpg4win
to make windows versions of projects like GnuPG more easily accessible.

Is there a special reason why the frontends
WinPT or GPA are not fullfilling your needs already?

Managing Director - Owner, www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator, fsfeurope.org       (Non-Profit Org for Free Software)
www.kolab-konsortium.com   (Email/Groupware Solution, Professional Service)