[Gpg4win-devel] Tex/LaTex Viewers?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Sun Feb 11 12:07:57 CET 2007

Hi Michael,

On Friday 02 February 2007 17:37, Michael W. Lewis wrote:
> I have the full Cygwin "stack" installed.

are you sure that the "make" from GNU was also included?

> Running autogen.sh gave the
> following warnings. Are they Ok?

For building the manual you do not need to be able to build everything,
so it might be enough.

> $ ./autogen.sh

> doc/manual/Makefile.am:21: `:='-style assignments are not portable

> Running autoconf ...
> You may now run "./configure --host=i586-mingw32msvc && make".

You should check if there is a Makefile.in now in manual/.
If you so running ./configure in there should be enough to get
you a Makefile in this subdirectory.

> QUESTIONS: Are these "no" answers a problem? Is the "standard"
> NSIS package (with its Windows installer) sufficient to "fix"
> this problem? Pointer to a cygwin NSIS package please?

I think Werner answered this.

> Attached is my revised version of novices.tex. Comments please!

I have looked at a diff of novices.tex r373.

Two changes that account for a lot of differences are
a) Novices -> Beginners
b) Gpg4win -> \textbf{Gpg4win} (making it bold face)

I think we should separate this from the rest, as the changes
are cosmetic regarding the contents itself and the primary
goals is to make the contents accessible. :)
So my suggestion would be to keep "novices" until we have asked a
few more people. And plain type because the German original does not have it.

I have also notices that you have changed the "Impressum" page.
So far I believe that we must leave that page untouched,
because of the strange way the GNU FDL was applied.

Best Regards,