[Gpg4win-devel] Update to current Claws Mail: when finished?

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Jul 5 11:43:20 CEST 2007

At Thu, 5 Jul 2007 09:23:37 +0200,
Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> I noticed on gpg4win-commits that you are heavily working on the
> update to newest Claws Mail.
>
> Any estimate when this will be finished  and a new release be available?

Claws Mail 2.10.0 (and 2.9.2) are integrated in the build process,
compile and run.  The S/MIME plugin is integrated.  The plugins can be
loaded, but I did not do any further tests.  In particular, I did not
try to read/write email or encrypted emails (with OpenPGP or S/MIME).

Werner wants to release a new GnuPG soon.  I do not know what the
release schedule for gpg4win is, though.  As far as claws-mail is
concerned, nothing stands in the way of making a new release.

Further notes on claws mail:

* BUG: The plugin load directory list is not correctly initialized.
  One has to press the directory button at the top to refresh it
  before the plugins are visible in the interface.

* libetpan is now required for IMAP4.  There is an unmaintained port
  to Windows of libetpan which requires Microsoft VC++.  Porting it to
  our cross compilation setup and integrating it into gpg4win is a lot
  of work (for example, it does not support building in a directory
  outside the source directory, because it uses hand-written Makefiles
  instead of automake).

PS: I will try to keep a list of projects and status I am involved in at:
https://gpg4win-intern.intevation.de/MarcusBrinkmann

Thanks,
Marcus