[Gpg4win-devel] Update to current Claws Mail: when finished?

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Thu Jul 5 14:18:25 CEST 2007

On Donnerstag, 5. Juli 2007, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> At Thu, 5 Jul 2007 09:23:37 +0200,
> Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> > I noticed on gpg4win-commits that you are heavily working on the
> > update to newest Claws Mail.
> >
> > Any estimate when this will be finished  and a new release be available?
>
> Claws Mail 2.10.0 (and 2.9.2) are integrated in the build process,
> compile and run.  The S/MIME plugin is integrated.  The plugins can be
> loaded, but I did not do any further tests.  In particular, I did not
> try to read/write email or encrypted emails (with OpenPGP or S/MIME).

packages.current does not consider the new verion over here.
Anything I might have missed?

Also, the manuals should consider the new name, btw.

> Werner wants to release a new GnuPG soon.  I do not know what the
> release schedule for gpg4win is, though.  As far as claws-mail is
> concerned, nothing stands in the way of making a new release.

hm, a new GnuPG release shouldn't influence the progress
of Gpg4win?

IMHO, we should proceed and do a release.

> Further notes on claws mail:
>
> * BUG: The plugin load directory list is not correctly initialized.
>   One has to press the directory button at the top to refresh it
>   before the plugins are visible in the interface.

Should be mentioned in the manuals!

> * libetpan is now required for IMAP4.  There is an unmaintained port
>   to Windows of libetpan which requires Microsoft VC++.  Porting it to
>   our cross compilation setup and integrating it into gpg4win is a lot
>   of work (for example, it does not support building in a directory
>   outside the source directory, because it uses hand-written Makefiles
>   instead of automake).

hm, keep as note somewhere.

Best

	Jan