[Gpg4win-devel] Some test results 1.9.0-svn560

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Oct 12 18:16:32 CEST 2007

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:57, jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de said:

> - GpgEX isn't selected as a default during installation.
>   IMHO, it should.

Willl be changed.

> - GpgEE: Remains to be installed. Is this intended?
>   IMHO, an upgrade to Gpg4win 1.9 (2.0) should remove the old
>   GpgEE if installed with older Gpg4win.

No.  gpgex is not anymore listed in packages.current and thus not
downloaded.  You probably didn't cleaned up the packages directory (rm
packages/gpgex-*).  We will keep the actual installer scripts but they
are only used if a gpgex package has been found.

> I wonder if we should introduce a menu "Documentation" and place
> als doc stuff there. So the main Gpg4win menu looks a bit cleaner.

At leaset we should distinguish between English, German and later other
documentation.

> - Kleopatra is still missing in the menu. Highly desired!

I can see it in the menu.

> - GpgOL: The Menu "Extras -> GnuPG Key Manager" should be renamed to
>   "GnuPG Certificate Manager", shouldn't it?
>   BTW: As soon as Kleopatra has a head again, this menu should open
>   Kleopatra, not WinPT anymore.

I'll go over all GpgOL strings and those renames.

> - GpgOL: Similar: The Options->GpgOL->Erweiter dialog should talk about certicate
>   manager. And the path to the default certificate manager should appear there.
>   BTW: Would it make sense to define a log file by default?

I considere to remove the first field.  It does not make sense.  No, a
default debug file is not a good idea.  We should even add a stronger
warning because the debug oputput can take up quite some disk space.

> - GpgOL: The Options->GpgOL dialog: "mit voreingestelltem Schlüssel ..." should
>   be "certificate" as well.

Sure.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner