[Gpg4win-devel] Some test results 1.9.0-svn560

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Oct 13 20:50:39 CEST 2007

At Fri, 12 Oct 2007 18:16:32 +0200,
'Werner Koch' wrote:
> > - GpgEE: Remains to be installed. Is this intended?
> >   IMHO, an upgrade to Gpg4win 1.9 (2.0) should remove the old
> >   GpgEE if installed with older Gpg4win.
>
> No.  gpgex is not anymore listed in packages.current and thus not
> downloaded.  You probably didn't cleaned up the packages directory (rm
> packages/gpgex-*).  We will keep the actual installer scripts but they
> are only used if a gpgex package has been found.

Werner meant gpgee here instead of gpgex (everywhere).  But Jan has a
point: I don't think a previously installed gpgee will be uninstalled.
I don't think NSIS supports this in any way, which makes it a
nuiseance.  The recommended way currently can only be to completely
deinstall previously installed version of gpg4win before installing
the new version.

Thanks,
Marcus