[Gpg4win-devel] Swedish translation of GPG Documentation

Emanuel Schütze emanuel at intevation.de
Thu Nov 20 17:57:20 CET 2008

Hi Stian,

On 18.11.2008 16:07, Stian Rødven Eide wrote:
> I am assisting Henrik Sandklef with translating some of the GPG
> documentation to Swedish.
>
> The documents I was asked to translate are
> http://www.gpg4win.org/handbuecher/novices.html
> and
> http://www.gpg4win.org/handbuecher/durchblicker.html

Many thanks for your interest in translation of Gpg4win manuals! It's great.

> After contacting Bernhard however, I was told that you are working on an
> updated manual which combines the above documents, and were wondering
> whether I should focus on that instead. Since we have promised to finish
> the translation work by the end of this year, I'd also be interested to
> know how that deadline corresponds to your roadmap and how far you have
> gotten with the updated documentation.

Yes, we are currently working on the new Gpg4win Compendium which combines the
(german) manuals "Einsteiger" and "Durchblicker" and added a lot of new
content about the new functions/components of Gpg4win2 (e.g. S/MIME and
Kleopatra).

The Gpg4win Compendium is currently in German only and available in the
version 3.0.0-beta1 from http://gpg4win.de/download.html.
Note: the document is a beta version. We'll work on it in the next month.

Currently, our plan is to publish the final gpg4win compendium 3.0.0 version
in the first quarter 2009 - when we publish the final Gpg4win 2.0.0 version.
After that Brigitte Hamilton (she has translate the novices manual) will start
to translate the compendium into English.

So I think it would be ideal if you can start then (first quarter 2009) with
your Swedish translation. Of course you could begin with the translation now,
but you have to sync then the whole changes - it will be a lot of work...

> I have checked out the doc folder from the SVN and assume that the new
> manual is in the file called gpg4win-compendium-de.tex

yes, correct.

> Though it's not a requirement for me, I'll be happy to commit my
> translations to the SVN myself and would in that case need commit access
> to the repository.

yes, please contribute your translation to the Gpg4win community!
You can get commit access, if you start working with the translation. You need
to register here: http://wald.intevation.org/account/register.php
and then do a "request to join" to the gpg4win project
(http://wald.intevation.org/projects/gpg4win/).

Please let us know, when do you want to start with the translation.

Best regards,
Emanuel

--
Emanuel Schütze  |  ++49-541-335 08 38  |  http://www.intevation.de/