[Gpg4win-devel] SVN build: Failed to download packages

Dr. Peter Voigt pvoigt at uos.de
Wed Oct 10 18:25:53 CEST 2012

Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> writes:

> On 10 October 2012 at 16h48, Dr. Peter Voigt wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> My first attempt to build the latest SVN version of Gpg4win fails when
>> downloading packages with "sh download.sh":
>
> These old versions aren't on the upstream servers anymore (zlib and
> same problem for libpng). Attached patch fixes that.
>
> Although, note GPG4Win development isn't done on SVN but on git now,
> although I can't seem to build it due to problem I have with the newer
> glib shipped with that.
>
> So best is to keep your SVN checkout and add that patch, and you should
> be set for a local build.

Thanks, Colin, for your quick reply. That's lot and at least partly
surprising news to me.

Unfortunately, applying your provided patch reveals following errors:
patching file packages/packages.current
Hunk #1 FAILED at 34.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 295.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file packages/packages.current.rej

You mention the SVN repository to be outdated. I followed the
instructions under
http://www.gpg4win.org/build-installer-gnulinux.html
advising to check out the SVN version. I guess this information is not
up to date as well.

How can I check out the latest sources from GIT?  Would these sources
contain already your patch to "packages.current"?

Regards,
Peter