[Gpg4win-devel] Migrating the KDE cross compile build scripts to git

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri May 3 12:40:19 CEST 2013

Am Mittwoch, 17. April 2013 11:33:27 schrieb Andre Heinecke:
> Hi,
> The gpg4win cross compile scripts for qt / kde / kdelibs that are used to
> build kleopatra are currently still located in the KDE svn repostories [1]
>
> KDE is now using git and svn access will be restricted more and more and
> finally shut down in 2014 so we need to migrate them or move them
> somewhere.

Yes.

> Rather then migrating them to git.kde.org I would prefer to have them on
> git.gnupg.org. Either in their own repo or in a folder like
> gpg4win/contrib. This could be a first step to integrate them more with the
> gpg4win build and should make it more transparent how the kleo / kde / qt
> parts are built for gpg4win.

Are the build scripts for "qt / kde / kdelibs" very gpg4win specific?
It is always a tough questions where thing best belong, usually I'd say a
build script should be close to the source it is building, which would mean
KDE git in our case. The hope is that the KDE initiative helps keeping them
uptodate and just seeing them could help here. However if we are that
specific to gpg4win and no one else uses the scripts, we could keep them
somewhere else if we wanted to. But then we need to put in enough pointers
with KDE that those scripts exist.