[Gpg4win-devel] ECC code enable on the GnuPG

royurban at hushmail.me royurban at hushmail.me
Tue May 7 05:36:08 CEST 2013

I would like GPG4WIN to enable the ECC code on the GnuPG, since I
would like to start using a better crypto and a faster one like
AES-256, SHA512, ECC-521 to correctly protect the communications.

I understand that other software is not yet compatible with the ECC
code, but making the option available will make the people around the
world start support this, and for the first time have fast & (more)
secure crypto.

Currently the crypto operations (RSA/ DSA) take too much time for most
people to use it... and they don't offer that much protection...
maximum 128 bits of security according to NIST and ECRYPT II with RSA
4096 bit, AES-128, SHA-256... because RSA can (normally) only be up to
4096 bits, and already takes a lot of time to perform the operation
(!!), with ECC enable it takes a fraction of the time and offers up to
256 bits of security with ECC-521, AES-256, SHA-512 (combination).

I hope you enable ECC on the executable so that I has a end user can
start using it to better (and more quickly) protect my messages.

Best regards

Roy