[Gpg4win-devel] Broken claws mail from gpg4win package on the site

Dr. Peter Voigt pvoigt at uos.de
Wed Jan 8 15:24:36 CET 2014

Am Wed, 8 Jan 2014 11:58:04 +0200
schrieb Cristian Baboi <cristian.baboi at gmail.com>:

> On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 01:19:08 +0100
> "Dr. Peter Voigt" <pvoigt at uos.de> wrote:
> > Sorry for not getting you right in the first attempt. Nevertheless,
> > you have a possible workaround. Currently I cannot easily test the
> > Gpg4win 2.2.1 bundled Claws Mail 3.9.1, because I am using Claws
> > Mail claws-mail-3.9.2git55-pkg43.exe from the Claws Mail homepage
> > on my Windows machines. Exchanging the Claws Mail version under
> > Windows is annoying because it requires at least one reboot :-)
>
> I installed claws-mail-3.9.2git55-pkg43.exe and it too is missing
> libintl-8.dll

I've installed exactly the same Claws Mail version. Verification,
decryption and enrcyption of S/MIME messages are working as expected.
Due to lacking communication partners I could test this only for
messages sent to my own email address. Again, I use it extremely rarely.

The missing libintl-8.dll is located on my Win7 Pro x86_64 under
C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG. I conclude from this location that it
has been installed during installion of Gpg4win 2.2.1. This directoy is
in my system path.

So you did not write up to now, if the DLL is missing on your system or
if it just cannot be found by Claws Mail or GPGSM.

It would probably be helpful to verify/decrypt the message on the
command line using gpgsm. Thus we could exclude e.g. GPGSM
problem.s. I've just tried to do so but I failed. I have not enough
knowledge about internal processes, e.g. I do not know, if headers are
to be included and if I have to BASE64 decode before and how to process
MIME boundary strings. Maybe someone can give help on this.

Regards,
Peter