[Gpg4win-devel] Broken claws mail from gpg4win package on the site

Cristian Baboi cristian.baboi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 23:13:05 CET 2014

"Dr. Peter Voigt" <pvoigt at uos.de> wrote:
>Am Wed, 8 Jan 2014 11:58:04 +0200
>schrieb Cristian Baboi <cristian.baboi at gmail.com>:
>

>> I installed claws-mail-3.9.2git55-pkg43.exe and it too is missing
>> libintl-8.dll

>I've installed exactly the same Claws Mail version. Verification,
>decryption and enrcyption of S/MIME messages are working as expected.

It works for me too.

>The missing libintl-8.dll is located on my Win7 Pro x86_64 under
>C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG. I conclude from this location that it
>has been installed during installion of Gpg4win 2.2.1. This directoy is
>in my system path.

I find it strange that it came with it own copy of gpg but is missing libintl-8.dll.

>So you did not write up to now, if the DLL is missing on your system or
>if it just cannot be found by Claws Mail or GPGSM.

Probably I have it in gnupg from gpg4win.

>It would probably be helpful to verify/decrypt the message on the
>command line using gpgsm. Thus we could exclude e.g. GPGSM
>problem.s.

Both the command line and this version of claws mail are working.

> I've just tried to do so but I failed. I have not enough
>knowledge about internal processes, e.g. I do not know, if headers are
>to be included and if I have to BASE64 decode before and how to process
>MIME boundary strings. Maybe someone can give help on this.

If the message is smime encrypted, just save the attachment from a mail client that doesn't know smime and decrypt the file. The result is a message in eml format.

I think signing and encrypting need client support. I don't know if gpgsm can process mime encoded files.