[Gpg4win-devel] Broken claws mail from gpg4win package on the site

Dr. Peter Voigt pvoigt at uos.de
Thu Jan 9 23:40:00 CET 2014

Am Thu, 09 Jan 2014 00:13:05 +0200
schrieb Cristian Baboi <cristian.baboi at gmail.com>:

> "Dr. Peter Voigt" <pvoigt at uos.de> wrote:
> >Am Wed, 8 Jan 2014 11:58:04 +0200
> >schrieb Cristian Baboi <cristian.baboi at gmail.com>:
> >

> >> I installed claws-mail-3.9.2git55-pkg43.exe and it too is missing
> >> libintl-8.dll
>

> >I've installed exactly the same Claws Mail version. Verification,
> >decryption and enrcyption of S/MIME messages are working as expected.
>
> It works for me too.
>

> >The missing libintl-8.dll is located on my Win7 Pro x86_64 under
> >C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG. I conclude from this location that
> >it has been installed during installion of Gpg4win 2.2.1. This
> >directoy is in my system path.
>
> I find it strange that it came with it own copy of gpg but is missing
> libintl-8.dll.
>
> >So you did not write up to now, if the DLL is missing on your system
> >or if it just cannot be found by Claws Mail or GPGSM.
>
> Probably I have it in gnupg from gpg4win.

Well, please let me shortly summarize how I currently understood you,
because I am close to losing the red line:

Your claws-mail-3.9.2git55-pkg43.exe complains about a missing
libintl-8.dll but it is obviously on your system and decrypting S/MIME
messages is working well. Is this right?

Otherwise I agree with you: If Claws Mail needs libintl-8.dll it should
ship this library the same way it does with its own GPG version.
Bernhard, could you please drop a line one this.

Let me state that none of all my installed Claws Mail, regardless if it
is a Gpg4win shipped version or a "native" version from the Claws Mail
site, ever complained about a missing libintl-8.dll. Is your
libintl-8.dll in your Windows system path?

Regards,
Peter