[Gpg4win-devel] Broken claws mail from gpg4win package on the site

Cristian Baboi cristian.baboi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 02:15:23 CET 2014

"Dr. Peter Voigt" <pvoigt at uos.de> wrote:
>Am Thu, 09 Jan 2014 00:13:05 +0200
>schrieb Cristian Baboi <cristian.baboi at gmail.com>:
>

>> "Dr. Peter Voigt" <pvoigt at uos.de> wrote:

>> I find it strange that it came with it own copy of gpg but is missing
>> libintl-8.dll.

>> >So you did not write up to now, if the DLL is missing on your system
>> >or if it just cannot be found by Claws Mail or GPGSM.
>>
>> Probably I have it in gnupg from gpg4win.
>>

>Well, please let me shortly summarize how I currently understood you,
>because I am close to losing the red line:
>
>Your claws-mail-3.9.2git55-pkg43.exe complains about a missing
>libintl-8.dll but it is obviously on your system and decrypting S/MIME
>messages is working well. Is this right?

I have it on the system. I don't have it in the path.

gpgsm has worked from the beginning.  Encryption with Claws Mail has worked from the beginning.

Only on opening encrypted mail, the version of Claws Mail from gpg4win has freezed. The logs revealed mostly nothing. Only an error of communication with gpgagent at some step.

The windows versions of Claws Mail from the Claws Mail site complained about missing libintl-8.dll, but worked anyway after a few nagging message boxes.

The ancient Linux version from Debian 6 worked.

>Otherwise I agree with you: If Claws Mail needs libintl-8.dll it should
>ship this library the same way it does with its own GPG version.
>Bernhard, could you please drop a line one this.
>
>Let me state that none of all my installed Claws Mail, regardless if it
>is a Gpg4win shipped version or a "native" version from the Claws Mail
>site, ever complained about a missing libintl-8.dll. Is your
>libintl-8.dll in your Windows system path?

I don't have it in the path. I don't use the command line. There are other dlls used by Claws Mail which have different versions in gpg4win. Your Claws Mail may be picking the wrong versions.