[Gpg4win-devel] Gpg4win and Claws Mail

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Mon Jul 13 14:56:58 CEST 2015

Hi Andre,

On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 14:39:32 +0200
Andre Heinecke <aheinecke at intevation.de> wrote:

> Option A also has my strong preference. We should just add Page / Link
> on our website pointing to "MUAs that play nice with Gpg4win".

...and we can of course add a link to Gpg4win to our win32 page, and
perhaps also to our FAQ.

> Still we should ensure that a user with Gpg4win and claws installed
> can still use GnuPG. How are you planning to interface with GnuPG if
> you are dropping gpgme from your Package?
>
> I'd suggest that you keep gpgme and use it to interface with an
> existing GnuPG installation. I did it that way back when I packaged
> KMail / Kontact for Windows. The package had it's own Gpgme library
> but relied on an installed Gpg4win for all other components.

you are of course correct, we would need to keep gpgme, so that our GPG
plugins can actually compile and load.

What we can remove from our package is GnuPG itself, GPA, GpgEX,
Dirmngr, maybe even pinentry.

Andrej