[Gpg4win-devel] Gpg4win and Claws Mail

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Tue Jul 14 19:24:25 CEST 2015

Hi,

On Tuesday, July 14, 2015 05:23:31 PM Mark Rousell wrote:
> Apologies for butting in but I felt I should comment on this point:-

No need to apologize, comments are always welcome. And I'm currently not sure
how we should do this. There is afaik no precedence for a component of gpg4win
to be removed.

> On 14/07/2015 09:06, Andre Heinecke wrote:
> > I'll remove Claws for our next Gpg4win release but we don't really have
> > one
> > scheduled atm. Maybe we can do a quick release with claws removed.
> >
> > We should probably also probably uninstall claws for users that just
> > update by installing a new Version version of Gpg4win (the usual case).
>
> Surely uninstalling Claws would really confuse users, especially if they
> are using it.
>
> Perhaps offer uninstallation of Claws as an option.

Yes I would have done something like:

Message Box: (To be shown for users that have claws mail installed through the
gpg4win installer)
Title: Claws Mail now available as a standalone installer.
Message: Gpg4win no longer includes Claws mail. If you want to continue to use
claws please obtain an up to date version from <claws_download_page>.

The deprecated, bundled Version of Claws mail will now be uninstalled.
                                                                 OK | Cancel

If canceled the installer would not move to the next page and the new Version
gpg4win version could not be installed.

Or should We allow installing the new Gpg4win version without uninstalling
claws (And show that messagebox again the next time an update is installed)

Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262  |  http://www.intevation.de/