[Gpg4win-devel] Gpg4win and Claws Mail

Andrej Kacian ticho at claws-mail.org
Wed Jul 15 01:12:36 CEST 2015

On Tue, 14 Jul 2015 10:06:01 +0200
Andre Heinecke <aheinecke at intevation.de> wrote:

> Ok. I guess before you are doing this you would need a Gpg4win Version that
> has claws already removed so that you can link your users to that Version
> without confusing them?
>
> I'll remove Claws for our next Gpg4win release but we don't really have one
> scheduled atm. Maybe we can do a quick release with claws removed.

I don't think a special release is needed. Just do a release whenever
you normally would, with Claws Mail removed (and the removal handled as
discussed elsewhere in this thread), and we can push out an updated
Claws Mail build of our own right afterwards, without GnuPG
components removed (the removal would be handled similarly).

Or maybe we can even do our upcoming release with GnuPG components
already removed, since users can get them from Gpg4win package already.

Andrej