[Gpg4win-devel] Gpg4win and Claws Mail

Andrej Kacian ticho at claws-mail.org
Thu Jul 16 00:54:21 CEST 2015

On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 23:43:17 +0100
Mark Rousell <mark.rousell at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm resending this from a different account since my earlier message did
> not get through to the list as far as I can tell.

FWIW, it got through just fine. :)

> That's a good point.
>
> How about this version:
>
> "The Gpg4win installer has detected that an earlier version of this
> installer installed the Claw Mail email client. This version of Claws
> Mail is now outdated and the Gpg4win installer no longer includes Claws
> Mail.
>
> If you do not wish to continue using Claws Mail then tick the 'Uninstall
> Claws Mail' box before clicking the Next button and it will be uninstalled.
>
> Alternatively, if you click Next without ticking the box then Claws Mail
> will be left installed and you should update it by visiting
> www.claws-mail.org and downloading the latest version."

Hm, this could get tricky. Since we're installing into a different
folder (Program Files\GNU\Claws Mail), the last mentioned choice will
result in user ending up with two versions of Claws Mail - a new one,
and an old one originating from the Gpg4win install.

How about this instead of the second paragraph:

  You _should_ uninstall Claws Mail now, and if you wish to use it,
  install an up-to-date version from http://www.claws-mail.org/win32.

(Or maybe "It is recommended to" instead of "You should" ?)

Andrej