[Gpg4win-devel] Gpg4win and Claws Mail

Mark Rousell mark.rousell at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 16 00:43:17 CEST 2015

I'm resending this from a different account since my earlier message did
not get through to the list as far as I can tell.

On 14/07/2015 23:04, Andrej Kacian wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jul 2015 20:38:02 +0100
> Mark Rousell <markr at signal100.com> wrote:
>
>> "This version and futures versions of Gpg4win do not include the
>> Claws
>> Mail email client. You can obtain updates to Claws Mail from
>> www.claws-mail.org. Claws Mail is currently installed on your
>> system. If
>> you are not using Claws Mail and do not wish to keep it then tick
>> this
>> box and it will be uninstalled. Otherwise Claws Mail will be left
>> installed."
>>
>> The box should not be ticked by default.
>
> I think that is a great solution, except that the wording should be
> changed slightly to suggest that the current installed version of
> Claws
> Mail is old, and/or insecure.
>
> Users need to be thinking "oh, I should upgrade", not "huh, does it
> matter if I get the same Claws Mail from here or from there?"

That's a good point.

How about this version:

"The Gpg4win installer has detected that an earlier version of this
installer installed the Claw Mail email client. This version of Claws
Mail is now outdated and the Gpg4win installer no longer includes Claws
Mail.

If you do not wish to continue using Claws Mail then tick the 'Uninstall
Claws Mail' box before clicking the Next button and it will be uninstalled.

Alternatively, if you click Next without ticking the box then Claws Mail
will be left installed and you should update it by visiting
www.claws-mail.org and downloading the latest version."