[Gpg4win-devel] Gpg4win 2.3.0 Beta available

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Fri Nov 13 18:31:11 CET 2015

Hi,

I've just uploaded a 2.3.0 "Beta":

http://files.gpg4win.org/Beta/gpg4win-2.3.0-beta17.exe
(sha1 4c4060518e54a66f3f7efaf340688556c7807412)

We won't announce this as a real Beta and put it on the website, its more of a
Prerelease version.

For the final Version we want to add an Updated GpgEX with additional
translation (But there was no time for GpgEX release this week) and do some
more testing with GpgOL.

The biggest change in this Version is to GpgOL. GpgOL for Outlook 2010 and
later (including 2016) now supports reading MIME messages. (e.g. the default
messages coming from thunderbird / kmail / gpgmail etc.). And while the
interface is still basically the same as for the old "Body modification" the
internal architecture changed quite a bit. Please report any regressions you
notice :-)

We wanted to make a stable release of GpgOL that can read such messages before
we switch to a Version that can also send MIME messages so that experimental
users can still communicate with users of the stable version.

I've tried to explain a bit how the MIME Support works in the wiki:
https://wiki.gnupg.org/GpgOL/MIMESupport

Thanks for testing

Regards,
Andre

P.S.
The Readme included in this version is wrong and still refers to the changes
from 2.2.6.
The acutal draft of the news for 2.3.0 can be found at:
http://git.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=gpg4win.git;a=blob;f=NEWS;h=be316ce65cc4914b73196073072a8e5121446ad0;hb=refs/heads/gpg4win-2

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262  | http://www.intevation.de/