[Gpg4win-devel] zh_CN/TW translations for GpgEx, GpgOL and Gpg4win installer

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Fri Nov 13 18:33:45 CET 2015

Hi Mingye,

On Sunday 20 September 2015 16:49:01 Mingye Wang wrote:
> Here are the gzipped patches for zh_CN/TW translation for GpgEx, GpgOL
> and Gpg4win inst. Note that all TW translations may be fuzzy.

I've applied the GpgOL and Gpg4win patch. GpgEX needs to be done by werner.

> P.S. I have some doubt about Gpg4win Installer's translation encoding
> policy. It's true that the current NSIS gettext implementation has to
> use the native codepage, but why not convert it with `msgconv` during
> build and store the UTF-8 versions in the repo (which is easier to
> manipulate)?

I think I've applied your patch wrongly. I had to add zh_CN and zh_TW to nsis-
msgformat and they get included through catalogs.nsi and no warnings are shown
but they don't show up in the language selection dialog. Is it because they
use an incompatible 8bit codepage from my western european codepage or did I
just miss a step in adding these?

Can you confirm that:
https://files.gpg4win.org/Beta/gpg4win-2.3.0-beta17.exe

does not offer these languages?

Have you tested the translations somehow or have any advice what I'm missing?

Sadly the Guy who set this NSIS / Gettext stuff up is no longer available to
ask.

Regards,
Andre

--