[Gpg4win-users-en] GpGol

Bob Henson bob.henson at galen.org.uk
Sun Jun 29 13:17:36 CEST 2008

I would like to install GpGol to use GnuPG with Outlook 2003. Firstly,
can I install *just* GpGol alone from the latest version of GpgG4Win
beta and use it along with my current GnuPG/Enigmail/Thunderbird set-up,
or does it need GnuPG2 to operate? I note both are included in the
installer.

I recall reading that I can run both GnuPG versions together; if I have
to use both is it best to install them to separate directories so as not
to disturb my existing set-up? Will they both be able to access the same
keyrings, or is it best to duplicate the keyrings too? I currently keep
my keyrings in a Truecrypt disk, and point to them with a registry entry
- will it cause unnecessary complications or incompatibilities to have
two sets of keyrings?

Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Regards,

Bob