[Gpg4win-users-en] GpGol

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jun 30 15:39:39 CEST 2008

On Sunday 29 June 2008 13:17, Bob Henson wrote:
> I would like to install GpGol to use GnuPG with Outlook 2003. Firstly,
> can I install *just* GpGol alone from the latest version of GpgG4Win
> beta and use it along with my current GnuPG/Enigmail/Thunderbird set-up,
> or does it need GnuPG2 to operate? I note both are included in the
> installer.

The Gpg4win versions are tested together so it is a good idea
to install them together. The 1.9.x versions need Gnupg2.

> I recall reading that I can run both GnuPG versions together; if I have
> to use both is it best to install them to separate directories so as not
> to disturb my existing set-up?

I think you can do that, but watch the PATH and registry settings.

> Will they both be able to access the same
> keyrings, or is it best to duplicate the keyrings too? I currently keep
> my keyrings in a Truecrypt disk, and point to them with a registry entry
> - will it cause unnecessary complications or incompatibilities to have
> two sets of keyrings?

From GNU/Linux I know that gnupg1 and gnupg2 usually work nicely on the same
set of keyrings. Duplicating thus seems like an extra hassle to me.
I cannot guarantee it, so keeping backups is always a good idea.

--
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net      (Free Software Company)