[Gpg4win-users-en] GpgOL and MS Exchange

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Aug 12 09:56:10 CEST 2009

Dear Alexey,

Am Donnerstag, 6. August 2009 16:59:48 schrieb Кот:
> I use the GPG4Win v1.1.4, OL2007 (GPGol v0.9.92) and our organization
> use a MS Exhange 2003.

> When I try send a message to recipient which in global address list I
> will get Recipient Dialog: Recipient which were not found -
> "/o=Organization/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=User"

are you trying to encrypt, sign or both?
I guess you are using OpenPGP (because Gpgwin 1 one does OpenPGP). :)

> If recipient not in global address list and I type his email address
> manually or user in local contacts then message sent without Recipient
> Dialog. How I can solve the situation (receive user's email in SMTP
> format, but not X.500)?

Just to be sure to understand your problem: You are getting an extra dialog or
the email is not send?
And you are saying that the email is send, if you type in the address manually
or get it from the local contacts?

> I try use the beta version of GPG4Win (2.0.0rc1) but this mistake appear
> again

We will shortly publish 2.0.0 so the 2 series is the best you can test.

> PS. I may change settings of Exchange Server and Active Directiory

There are many combinations of Exchange, Outlook and the underlying operations
system libraries. Unfortunately we currently cannot test them all, because of
the effort keep the combinations maintained for test setups and the tests
itself. So we are grateful for your report!

I am not very experienced with Exchange, do those entries in the directory
have SMTP addresses associated with it?

Best,