[Gpg4win-users-en] Commonly accepted SSL/TLS certificate for gpg4win websites

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Tue Oct 27 15:32:09 CET 2015

Hi Werner!

* Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> [20151020 10:46]:
> On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 08:37, thomas at intevation.de said:
> > Besides all this, SNI or not is not really relevant for gpg4win
> > here, as the 6-SAN-certificate I proposed above is still cheaper
> > (640€ for 3 years = 17.78€ per month) than 2 regular certificates
>
> 10-SAN is 306 for 3 years an gandi - the same as  wildcard.
> 20-SAN is 535 for 3 years.
>
> Waiting some more weeks for LetsEncrypt is 0 - may be we can even get
> a cert earlier.

We could say that we have waited for so long that another few weeks
do not matter, but I think we should move forward now and not wait.

That are very good prices, if you can buy the 10-SAN certificate, I
can immediately deploy it on the download server. If I understand
Emanuel correctly, the website can follow without too much effort,
too.

SAN entries should be:
  www.gpg4win.org (main address)
  www.gpg4win.de
  gpg4win.org
  gpg4win.de
  files.gpg4win.org
  files.gpg4win.de
  lists.gpg4win.org
  lists.gpg4win.de
  (and see below)

The lists.* entries will not yet be used, but when I can convince
Wald to present another certificate (or add a forwarder to an
additional IP or whatever), these might be helpful.

There are still two free SAN entries, so maybe add
  community.gpg4win.org
  gemeinschaft.gpg4win.de
for wiki, forum or whatever dynamic web service. I took the names
from the current gpg4win website, feel free to adjust them as you
see fit.

> No, I am not a gandi sales droid - they are just friends of FS.

:)

Regards,
Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998