[mapWOC-devel] Are we a honeypot? (Terminology, ENISA study) Yes! :)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Sat Jan 12 21:37:00 CET 2013

Hi friends of mapWOC,

just got aware of the following study by ENISA:
http://www.enisa.europa.eu/activities/cert/support/proactive-detection-of-
security-incidents-II-honeypots

Unfortunately it does not list mapWOC, though it probably should have been
in there. I guess we should raise mapWOCs international visibility a bit.
:)

In the terminology of the study we are
a "high-interaction client-side honeypot" or
short a "high-interaction honeyclient".

So we shall put this on the website and see if wikis and other
resources like freecode.com and security mailinglists have the
good mapWOC description.

Best,
Bernahrd