[mapWOC-devel] Are we a honeypot? (Terminology, ENISA study) Yes! :)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jan 14 10:53:28 CET 2013

Am Samstag, 12. Januar 2013 21:37:00 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
> just got aware of the following study by ENISA:
> http://www.enisa.europa.eu/activities/cert/support/proactive-detection-of-
> security-incidents-II-honeypots
>
> Unfortunately it does not list mapWOC, though it probably should have been
> in there. I guess we should raise mapWOCs international visibility a bit.
>
> :)
>
> In the terminology of the study we are
> a "high-interaction client-side honeypot" or
> short a "high-interaction honeyclient".
>
> So we shall put this on the website and see if wikis and other
> resources like freecode.com and security mailinglists have the
> good mapWOC description.

Added mapWOC to
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeypot#High-Interaction_Client_Honeypots
and also changed the description on our contribution plattform wald to

"mapWOC provides a high-interactive client-side honeypot or honeyclient. It is
a "massive automated passive Web Observation Center" to check website
integrity and security."
https://wald.intevation.org/projects/mapwoc/