[Skencil-users] installing on Mac Intel, now a segfault problem

W. Craig Carter ccarter at mit.edu
Wed Aug 30 01:14:11 CEST 2006

Hello All,
I just posted a message either on this list
or perhaps it was "sketch-users" about not
being able to load the Image module in PIL. I
solved this by getting libjpeg and zlib via
fink and then compiling PIL myself.

I recompiled and installed skencil after the
PIL build.

However, now I get a segfault when I run
skencil and a pop-up message saying that
python unexpectantly quit.

It looks like there is a python2.3 in both
/Libary and in /sw (one a native Mac, the
other is installed via fink)  There is a PIL
in both directories.  I believe that skencil
is getting the find-installed python, but I
am not positive about this.

Thanks for any help--I'll post a clean
solution when I can get one.

Craig