[Skencil-users] Join forces for skencil1/sK1? (was: sK1)

Igor Novikov igor.e.novikov at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 16:37:09 CET 2006

Hi Tobias,

There are solutions such as aggdraw to get a tk-based
> antialiasing canvas, for example in mathplotlib (which is in Python like
> Skencil).

To achieve antialiasing effect canvas usage (AggDraw, libart, tkZinc etc.)
is not a good way, because usually these canvas widgets have own internal
model. On my opinion the simplest way is additional renderer which can be
dynamically switched. For this role we choise Cairo, because this library is
opensource (unlike AntiGrainGeometry lib), multisurface, multiplatform, well
documented and widely distributed.

Sincerely,

Igor Novikov
sK1 Team