[Winpt-users] Unable to Verify detached signatures with 0.11.3

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Wed Dec 21 11:32:47 CET 2005

On Tue Dec 20 2005; 19:39, djek wrote:

> > I'm again not sure if I understand. You mean the signature won't
> > be verified and the Dialogs is shown?
>
> I think I did something wrong here.
> I tried it on a other computer (same OS) and everything worked fine.

Even so it worked there, you did nothing wrong. WinPT should work in
any environment. Now the problem is to find out what the difference is
and to provide a fix.

> > reproduce it. I tried with 2 test keys and I never had any problems.
> > (Did you create a detached/cleartext/normal signature? How big is
> >  the source file, etc...)
>
> Again this did not happen on a different computer, sames OS
> The only difference I can think of is that I have 2 private keys on the
> first computer, instead of 1.

I tried both combinations. It either must have something to do with
the secret keys itself or with some options.

> I'll investigate and try again tomorrow on the first machine.
> Maybe I'm a version behind or something.
> sorry about the confusion.

No problem. Maybe it's a bug which just shows up under some circumstances
so I would not call this confusion...

        Timo