[Winpt-users] Unable to Verify detached signatures with 0.11.3

djek djek at xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 23 09:07:55 CET 2005

Timo Schulz wrote:
> djek wrote:
>
>> I also applied a little patience and it seems that signing detached takes
>> about 60 seconds (58k file).
>
> How fast is your machine? I tried with ~1.2 Ghz and there I can sign
> about 20-40 MB in 60 seconds.

The 'slow' one is a Pentium 4, 2.4 GHz,1 GB memory
The fast one is a Athlon 64, 3000+,1 GB memory
Not very different.
When I sign a file with GPGee <http://gpgee.excelcia.org/> it is very
fast on both machines.

On the Athlon it takes about 5 seconds to sign a 22 MB file, detached,
no ascii output
GPGee takes about 2 seconds

Both use the same gpg.exe 1.4.3-cvs

<snip>

> Thanks for the patience, but this time is way too long for such
> a short file. I had the same problems with W9X machines and there
> it is definitely the I/O backend code from the operating system.
>
> With NT5 based systems I thought this is not an issue any longer.

Both are W2K sp4 + hotfixes, dutch.

Maybe, but why doesn's GPGee have the same problems?
He uses your MyGPGME library :-)