[Winpt-users] Various errors/bugs from attempt to decrypt a file encrypted w/o my key

DAVID GAMEY david.gamey at rogers.com
Thu Nov 3 19:37:47 CET 2005

--- TiTimochulz <twtwoadaymgmxet> wrote:

> On Wed Nov 02 2005; 11:44, DAVID GAGAMEYrote:
>
> > A contact using PGPGPersion 8.1 sent me an
> encrypted
> > and signed attachment.  As I understand it he went
>
> GPGPGhould be compatible with PGPGPand thus WiWinPT>
should have
> no problems to decrypt/verify data. When I find
> somebody with PGPGP
> I will provide some tests.
>
> > I could not verify the signature.  And when I
> tried to
>
> What does this exactly means? Because the key was
> missing? Because
> the signature (text) was broken?

1.  While verifying the pgpgpile with the asascile,
On v0.10.4 Signature made ... using DSDSAey ID ... BAD
signature
On v0.10.1 I bebelieve got a packet error

2. Decrypting the pgpgpile

On v0.10.4 ... Encrypted with ELELGey, .... Decryption
failed: secret key not available
On v0.10.1 there was a packet error

> > decrypt the file, I saw an invalid packet error.
> The
> > key manager window would no longer open
> (previously
>
> This is interesting. Maybe you can try with the new
> beta version.

Done. As noted the packet errors seem to be gone.

> Just make sure that you disabled the word-wrap
> feature.

Didn't see this.  Does this affect just
clipboard/ininliner are detached files affected?

> > Another attempt to decrypt the file, resulted in a
> > missing secret key message for a key ID that I did
> not
> > recognize.  The KM phantom window problem
> returned.
> [snip]
> > Another reinstall will be needed to fix the
> phantom
> > window problem.
>
> I never heard of such a problem. Usually all bugs
> are no problem
> when you quit the program and start it again.

I've had messages on the problem of phphantomindows
and key manager not opening before on the list.  I
bebelievehe last time was within 60 days before the
move to wawaldI've no idea why this happens but a
dedeinstalleinstall fixes it.

I thought the packet error might be a clue to the
problem.

v0.10.4 exexhibitshe phantom window problem as well.