[Winpt-users] WinPT global hook(?)

david gunnells onewithiam at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 1 19:28:33 CEST 2006

Hello,
  Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find much information on it.

Running Comodo Personal Firewall, I am occasionally greeted with pops-ups that give the following information:

"c:\gpg\WinPT.exe has loaded WinPT.exe into procexp.exe using a global hook which could be used by keyloggers to steal private information."

It has appeared on virtually every process that is running.

While I implicitly trust WinPT (or I wouldn't be using it), what are the details of this global hook? What file(s) is/are being used to hook processes and what is happening behind the scenes?

Thanks,
david