[Winpt-users] Announcement for WinPT 1.0.0 (final)

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Thu Aug 10 09:51:54 CEST 2006

Hi,

a few minutes ago I released the final 1.0 version of WinPT.

Here is summary of the changed/new functions:

* Bug fix in file name handling for the MAPI feature.

* The key sign dialog now lists all user IDs and not only
  the primary to indicate that all user IDs will be signed.

* The signature property dialog now contain all useful
  information about the sig, which includes the creation date.

* A bug in the key deleting code has been fixed. The problem
  is only related to the GUI synchronisation and not the delete
  process itself.

* Support to retrieve the PKA record directly from the DNS.
  This allows to perform a validity check of the key if a
  PKA record is available for the key.

* The Current Window Support does know correctly reset the
  cursor position within the foreground window.

* Fix problem in the key cache which might lead to a segv
  after importing a secret key or if the last secret key
  will be deleted.

[updated translation: Slovak, German]

==end changelog==

The final 1.0 version (binary archive) also contains a new
PDF documentation and it gives a general introduction about
WinPT and its functions. Even for experienced users, this
text might give some hints to to optimize the use of the
software and some tips how to perform operations easier.

You can either download the binary/src at
http://wald.intevation.org/projects/winpt or directly via
http://www.winpt.org

Please use the bug tracker of the project to report problems
and provide much details as possible. In case of general questions
you should use the forums at wald, so other user can profit from
the answer of others users and to make sure that a question wasn't
asked before.

Happy encrypting,

	Timo

p.s.
For the moment, the winpt intro (pdf) is only available in English,
I work on a German version and if there are volunteers who would like
to translate the doc into his native language, please let me know.