[Winpt-users] Help request

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Fri Oct 12 19:05:22 CEST 2007

David Gray wrote:

> I've exported a couple of public/secret keys in ASCII format which I
> then imported
>
> into GnuPG 1.4.7 using the command line.

The problem could be, that you might have different keyrings
and you imported it into the one but WinPT uses the other?

> C:/Documents and Settings/grayd/Application Data/gnupg\secring.gpg

Is that the keyring which is set in the WinPT GPG preference dialog?

> However I cannot see these from the WinPT interface (Or the GNU Privacy
> Assistant).

Did you reload the keyring after import? (Even so it should be done
automatically?)

> Can anyone tell me how to make this key pair available to WinPT so I can
> encrypt and decrypt data wit hit?

Usually this should work without any problems.

> Pretty Good Privacy(tm) 2.6.3i - Public-key encryption for the masses.
>
> (c) 1990-96 Philip Zimmermann, Phil's Pretty Good Software. 1996-01-14
>
> International version - not for use in the USA. Does not use RSAREF.

Maybe the problem is, that these keys are not OpenPGP and thus likely
to use IDEA for encryption? GPG does not provide IDEA due to patent
reasons.

> PS - First post here, is it ok to post screenshots or is it just text?

If you want to send screen shots, please send them directly to my
address. The list has a message size limit and it's likely that
mail would be blocked.

	Timo