[Gpg4win-devel] More formalized NEWS/History?

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Wed Apr 5 02:03:13 CEST 2006

Am Dienstag, 4. April 2006 13:11 schrieb Werner Koch:
> On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 01:42:33 +0200, Jan-Oliver Wagner said:
> > Further comments/questions?
>
> I slightly changed the NEWS file to allow for internationalization.
> This is done similar to the gnupg website.  I also wrote a script to
> generate the web page.  To be called like this:
>
>   awk -f build-history.awk -v lang=en <../../NEWS
>
> Replace en by de for the German version of the page.  The NEWS file is
> kept as utf-8 so we better change all webpages to that encoding.

uhm, I don't like to have all these text files in utf8. I have various
(text)terminals from where I do my work and which do not support utf8.
Probably at present time this is true for many other people as well.

Therefore I recoded the awk script itself and added recoding to the makefile
for NEWS.

I have created the webpages now:
http://www.gpg4win.org/change-history.html
and
http://www.gpg4win.org/change-history-de.html

As you can see there seems to be a bug for the german
page. Closing </ul> are missing sometimes.

Another issue I see is: Although 1.0.0rc1 is a release candidate
it is still some sort of a release, distributed to the public. Therefore
it should be listed in the NEWS file as a release of its own.

Best

	Jan