[Gpg4win-devel] More formalized NEWS/History?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Apr 5 11:08:46 CEST 2006

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 02:03:13 +0200, Jan-Oliver Wagner said:

> uhm, I don't like to have all these text files in utf8. I have various
> (text)terminals from where I do my work and which do not support utf8.
> Probably at present time this is true for many other people as well.

So people should use real editors.  Given that the static recoding
won't help anyway with non latin1 languages, I have recoded the NEWS
file and fixed the bugs in the script.

> Another issue I see is: Although 1.0.0rc1 is a release candidate
> it is still some sort of a release, distributed to the public. Therefore
> it should be listed in the NEWS file as a release of its own.

We have never done this for any project in the past.  In fact a release
candidate should not be available through the regular download link.
Currently this is an exception becuase we have not yet released any
final version.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner