[Gpg4win-devel] Compile Sylpheed-Claws

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Feb 1 19:37:05 CET 2006

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 18:38:25 +0100, Thomas Gilgin said:

> I'd like to compile Sylpheed-Claws myself, but have no clue how this is
> done for win32. Can anybody give me some information or is there any
> documentation?

Get the latest claws version from CVS
(:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sf.net:/cvsroot/sylpheed-claws, -r gtk2) and
run

./autogen.sh
./autogen.sh --build-w32
make

The second line is a wrapper around configure with a couple of
required options.  confuigure will probably complain about missing
libraries; you need to install them too.  Make sure to install them
into the prefix ~/w32root or to wherever a $w32roo points to.  The
autogen.sh --build-w32 shortcut also works with libgpg-error, gpgme,
gnupg.

You need the mingw32 cross compiler; I am using the one from Debian
Sid (packages: mingw32 mingw32-runtime mingw32-binutils).

If you want to work on something, IMAP support is heavily desired.
Thus you need to build a version of libetpan - I have not tried this
yet.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner