[Gpg4win-devel] English Translation of "gpg4win for Novices"

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Oct 19 16:16:04 CEST 2006

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 05:56, Brigitte said:

> below is a draft translation of the first section of "gpg4win fuer
> Einsteiger); I downloaded the original document from the repository,
> hence a lot of programming notes in between the text.

Thank you.  The programming notes are actually required and you should
keep them as they are.  Things like

 \Foobar

Should not be translated.

 \Foo{Dies ist ein text}

It is obvious what needs translations here :-) In general all words
starting with a backslash indicate a LaTeX statment and text between
curly braces may include plain text or other Latex Statements.

If you want to add a comment for yourself - which won't get printed- you
may do so on a lines startng with a percent sign. In fct everythign
after a percent sign is a comment.

If you have questions, just ask here.

> The section below still requires some editing, and I still have some
> questionable items, such as how to translate the Adele Robot (robot in
> english?), but at this point, I just want to see if the overall look is

"robot" is fine.

> \clearpage
> %% Orginal page 4
> %% This is an invariant section
> \section*{Impressum}
> This page cannot be altered.\\

Well, you may not alter this page, this does also mean no transation.
We can't do anything about it.  However, just keep iot has you did it
now, I will later change it back and make sure that the license
conditions rae upheld.

> practice robot and would like to express its gratitude to the owners of
> gnupp.de for the BETRIEB of Adele. (not sure if this is relevant, we
> already know that adele is part of this software)

Yes, we should keep it until we are able to replace Adele with a free
solution we can actual change.  I would translate the above sentence:

 practice robot and would like to express its gratitude to the owners of
 gnupp.de for running Adele.

> If you already have a GnuPG based application such as BnuPP, GnuPT,

Typo: GnuPP instead of BnuPP.

> Administrator. Open your 'Workspace??' (Arbeitsplatz) and click on the

I think Workspace is correct.  It is the name used by Microsoft. I
have no English version here so I can't tell exactly.  We eventually
need to take new screenshots and while tah we can check the term.

> If you have other programs running on your computer, close them now and
> and click on \Button{Next?}.

Next is right.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner