[Gpg4win-devel] Critical issues with 1.1.2 (need a 1.1.3)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Sep 17 12:27:39 CEST 2007

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 15:53, jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de said:

> there are 1-2 error reports per day coming in regarding the
> Outlook crash durch encryption.
> It seems to be really urgent to fix this and get a 1.1.3 out.

I think I fixed it now.  The problem was due to a bug in the gpgme
library which is statically linked to GpgOL and thus the version number
of GpgOl does not mean much.  With the latest releases of gpg4win we
used that newer version of gpgme with the bug.

Before we get out a new release I'd appreciate if a few of you could
give gpgol a quick test.  I have made a version of that DLL available:

 ftp://ftp.g10code.com/g10code/scratch/gpgol.dll-svn180
 ftp://ftp.g10code.com/g10code/scratch/gpgol.dll-svn180.sig

Please download it, rename it to gpgol.dll and replace the current one.
If you look at the debug file you will now notice the version number of
GpgOL and gpgme:

  984/GPGol: this is gpgol 0.9.92-svn180
  984/GPGol: using gpgme 1.1.5-svn1257

The source is at
http://cvs.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/branches/old-0.9-branch/?root=GpgOL
Note thar this is a branch of GpgOL without the new PGP/MIME features.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner