[Gpg4win-devel] [gpg4win-Bugs][575] GPG4win installs badly if non-default path is used

gpg4win-bugs@wald.intevation.org gpg4win-bugs at wald.intevation.org
Tue Jan 8 13:14:22 CET 2008

Bugs item #575, was opened at 2008-01-08 14:14

Initial Comment:
When installing GPG4WIN on xpsp2 to a non-default directory, the installation completes alright, without any error msg (not even when checking the items in "details" during installation). Then I restarted windows (not sure it's required, but anyway). Trying to encrypt (symmetric), results in the following err msg: "GPGee operation failed: Exec error". Trying to decrypt a GPG-encrypted file (from another system) results in the following nastygram: "exec error, message has bad ASCII armor".

Uninstalling and installing to the default directory (c:program files\GNU\GnuPG) results a working program without problems to encrypt and decrypt.

I tried the above mentioned drill with the following versions: 1.0.6, 1.1.3Light and 1.1.3.

I'd appreciate any advice what I've done wrong, or, if it's a bug,a resolution.

Thanks,
/Zvika